Spare a thought for one who devises a way to victory even on the battlefield where the chances are non-existent and the opposition is formidable. Spare a thought for an Election strategist.
– Shubham Pandey (Political Veteran, The LogSabha)
Election Strategists are the one who works behind the scene but is debated to have the most critical role in election campaigning and success. They are the people skilled in finding the best way to stand out and attract the support of voters in the elections. Some of their duties are:
- Analysis of Electoral Data,
- Strategy Modelling,
- Party Support and Counselling,
- Supervising Promotional Content Creation,
- Studying the Party Statistics, and
- Crisis Management.
The above may sometimes seem easy, but data analysis in itself is a very complex task. The involved in this step ranges from the demographics of a city to that of the nation itself and could also include other elements such as party and opposition information, constituency-wise decline reasoning, etc. Therefore, only a team of the most skilled people should be chosen for this responsibility.
- Why is election strategizing necessary?
Election Strategizing is necessary as it gives a proper understanding of the electoral battlefield and brings forward a set of specifics that could be prioritized or dealt with differently to achieve the most justifiable results. Information such as the problems of people living in a certain locality, their interests, or ethics could be helpful for customizing the campaigning of that area so that people feel connected and are motivated to support the specified party. Without a proper election strategy, a party will seem unprepared and unprofessional to the public which may even result in the diminishing of the public’s trust in them and ultimately a grave loss.
- Good Election Strategists can multiply your chances of victory in elections tenfold. Is it true?
As far as the history of political strategizing goes, this statement is very true. It is because political strategists specialize in communication, problem-solving, observation, and research, each of which can help the party in the following ways:
- Communication: It is one of the significant elements in the victory of the party in elections. Good communication can attract, connect and persuade the public to follow you and motivate them to guide others towards the same.
- Problem-Solving: When there is a battle, there are problems. This statement gives the best projection of the political battlefield where every opposition is trying to gain the upper hand; some even make do with unethical techniques (for example, denouncing or spreading rumors) for the same. If they are not dealt with effectively, it can result in catastrophe. The election strategists are crisis management experts and do the same in the most professional way.
- Observation: This is also a very crucial element of strategizing and political campaigning. It involves keeping a keen eye on the strategy of the opposition, taking notes of the battlefield changes, and assuring that the current strategy is working as expected. In case, any of the prior duties are not carried out, even the clear victory can slide out of the party’s hand in an instance.
- Research: When comes to devising the strategy, countering a crisis, or planning a prominent event, a detailed study of the political ecosystem and social demographics increases the chances of success, assists in coming up with the best counter, and helps come up with the best plan of action.
In conclusion: Good Election Strategists not only multiply the chances of victory in an election tenfold but, without them even having the chances of victory will be nothing but a miracle.